Permits and Licenses
An annual license is required for all dogs. The annual fee is $7.50 for fixed and $15 for intact dogs. Chicken permits are $5/year. The License must be renewed by the owner annually. Please come to the animal control office for the permit.
The Town of Pinedale does not currently require businesses or contractors to be licensed. However, other licenses may be required, including the following:
- Day Cares
- Federal Firearms License
- Vehicle Dealers
- A Wyoming Sales Tax Number can be obtained from the Department of Revenue and Excise Tax Division.
- A Wyoming Food Service Permit can be obtained from the Department of Agriculture.
- Register your business with the Secretary of State.
- An Employer Identification Number can be obtained from the Internal Revenue Service.
Business Related Permits/Licenses
24 Hour Malt Liquor license permit application – complete application and submit to the Town Clerk. Fee is $10
Temporary Use Permit
- Events/uses in public rights‐of‐way
- Construction yard and building.
- Temporary structures
Itinerant merchant Permit
Itinerant merchants are individual operations selling items for short periods of time as they pass through the area. Itinerant merchants are permitted in commercial districts only. Vendors as part of a festival or other event are permitted under the event’s temporary use permit and are not considered itinerant merchants.
Food vendor permit
- FOOD STAND- A stand for use at one designated fixed temporary location utilized to provide food items for sale to the public.
- FOOD TRUCK/TRAILER- A vehicle or vehicular- pulled trailer utilized to provide food for sale to the public.
- ICE CREAM TRUCK- A vehicle from which the operator sells only pre-packaged frozen dairy or water based food products and pre-packaged beverages. For purposes of this article, a non-motorized cart from which such products are sold shall be considered an ice cream truck.
- Fee: $1 per $1000 of the construction valuation. Minimum fee is $25.
- Town Ordinance requires all commercial (non-residential) building permits, with permit fees over $5000, to go through the public hearing process (Planning and Zoning Commission and Town Council).
WYOMING STATE FIRE MARSHAL
Wyoming State Statute (§35-9-108) requires State Fire Marshal review and approval of new building construction plans and plans for remodeling with costs over $40,000 prior to beginning work on the following types of buildings:
- Building and structures owned/leased by State or Local Government Entities.
- All buildings for public access that exceed 5,000 square feet total floor area (including the basement), or exceed one story in height.
- Buildings used for child care centers for more than 10 children.
- Buildings used as public bars, lounges, restaurants, night clubs, lodge halls, theaters, churches or public meeting places regardless of size.
- Public or private above ground fuel dispensing facilities.
Refer to the State Fire Marshal website for additional information.
WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ASBESTOS PROGRAM
The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality Asbestos Program requires notice prior to demolishing or renovating a public or commercial building. Although private residences have the same potential to contain asbestos-containing material as a public and commercial building, the asbestos regulations in Wyoming do not extend to private residences, unless the renovation or demolition activity is being performed to allow the property/facility to become public and private.
Refer to the Wyoming DEQ Asbestos Program website for additional information.
MAIN STREET PINEDALE PROGRAM
The Main Street Pinedale Program offers ongoing facade grant funding and design guidelines for businesses. While the Town does not enforce these guidelines, the Town highly encourages businesses to consider using them.
- Fee: $5.00
- A Fence Permit is required prior to building a fence on any property. The table below lists the height maximums for the front of the property, while the bottom row indicated the maximum height for the sides and rear fence heights of the lot.
- Fee: $1/square foot ($25 minimum)
- MAIN STREET PINEDALE PROGRAM
- Fee: $1/square foot ($25 minimum)
- A Demolition Permit is required for residential or commercial property prior to demolition of a fixed building connected to Town
- Inspection:The water and sewer service lines must be capped in the horizontal and inspected prior to backfill.
WATER & SEWER CONNECTION AND WATER METER REQUEST
- Fee: Refer to the permit application for connection and water meter fees.
- A Water and Sewer Connection Permit is required prior to obtaining water and/or sewer services from the Town of Pinedale. The water and sewer connections shall be purchased and installed at the cost of the customer.
- A water meter is required by the Town and shall be purchased from the Town and installed at the expense of the customer. All new construction requires meters to be installed in an outdoor meter pit.
- Inspection: Public Works must be present when the contractor/plumber is tapping the town water and sewer main and before backfilling the connection. The water meter must be purchased from the Town at the expense of the applicant. The meter may be installed by the applicant. Pit meters must be inspected by public works prior to backfill. All installed meters must be programmed by public works for proper operation.
RIGHT OF WAY WORK AND EXCAVATION
- Fee: $200 paved / $100 alley + bond (see permit for more fees)
- Permit is required prior to all excavations within the Town right of way (ROW), such as driveway installation, installation and maintenance of utilities, sidewalk, boardwalk, curbs, gutters, and street paving within any street, digging up
- Permits will not be issued from November 1 through April 15th, except in cases of emergencies.
- Fee: $25
- Variances to the provisions and requirements of this chapter shall not be granted except in very extreme cases. The Town Council is authorized to grant variances in order to prevent extreme difficulty or extreme hardships and if the Town Council deems a variance absolutely necessary to the public interest. The Town Council shall not grant a variance if the extreme difficulty or hardship was self-inflicted by the applicant d the Town Council shall not grant variances for other than extreme cases. (Ch. 400-118)
CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT
- Fee: $500
- Conditional Use Permits vary depending on the zone district. However, generally for in C-1, C-2, I-1, and I-2 the conditional use permits are required for animal clinics, animal boarding facilities, animal shelters, gaming establishments, recreational vehicle parks and campgrounds, meat processing facilities, and use of chemicals and hazardous wastes.
- For additional development standards, refer to the Town Code, §475-109, §75-189, §475-316, and §475-319.
Please call the Town at 307-367-4136 to request the conditional use application specific to your development plants.
MAP AMENDMENT / ZONE CHANGE
- Fee: $500
- Map amendments which seek to change the district boundary lines on the District Zoning Map.
- Town Ordinance requires all map amendments to go through the public hearing process (Planning Commission and Town Council). Estimated time frame assuming complete materials and no major issues is 2 months.
- Fee: $5
- Application is required for subdivisions of 3 lots or more including planned unit developments, lot splits on previously platted or divided parcels, lot line amendments, and county subdivisions within the 1–mile radius of the Town Boundary.
- Fee: $500
- The Town of Pinedale encourages all properties that are contiguous or close to the Town Boundary to consider annexation prior to going through County zone change and/or subdivision processes.
- Properties are only eligible for annexation if water and sewer service can feasibly be extended to the property. Properties wishing to maintain individual services will not be considered.